Buying of mattresses may be a tiring and time-consuming task to do, but it is one of the essential requirements for having a good mental and physical health. Let us have a look at some of the important factors that we should keep in mind at the time if comparing different mattresses.
There are mainly three types of mattresses – Innerspring, Foam, and Adjustable. Foam mattresses are becoming favorite day by day. Choosing the right kind of mattress depends upon your sleeping habits. If you like bouncy beds, then innerspring mattresses are the most suitable for you. They have interconnected coils that give rise to the bouncy nature and are extra-durable.
If you prefer mattresses with a firmer base, then you should buy foam or latex mattresses. They consist of much fewer springs. You can also purchase air-filled mattresses, which includes a remote that can control the air filled in it. Thus, they can be adjusted and can be used as a bouncy as well as firmer mattresses according to one’s conveniences.
Mattresses must be bought according to one’s sleeping position. If you are a back sleeper, then you must prefer a firmer mattress to rest the curve of your lumbar spine so that pressure does not fall in your hips or upper back. For side sleepers, a firmer, as well as a softer bed, is required so that no pressure builds up under the hips or the shoulders.
If you sleep on your stomach, then you should always go for a thick innerspring mattress instead of a firm one. In case the sleeping habits of you and your partner’s does not match, then the best option for you will be the air filled mattresses which can be adjusted according to one’s wish and also consists of two side by side chambers, that can be customized separately.
There are some other factors must also be kept in mind while choosing a mattress.
- Size: The size of your mattress depends upon the space that you require while sleeping. Mattresses can be differentiated into the twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king depending upon its size.
- Thickness: The taller luxury band mattresses are thicker and consist of more complex comfort layers and support system.
- Durability: Mattresses made of latex are more durable than those made of poly foams. Tufting endures the wear and tear longer than the adhesives.
- Firmness: Firmness of a mattress depends upon its support system. Mattresses with an enhanced support system are firmer than those with enhancing comfort.
- Pressure relief: Pre relief is produced when a softer material is kept at the top of the mattress so that it gives comfort to our body.
- Sinkage: This is an essential factor that should be kept in mind while choosing a mattress. Sinkage offers more pressure relief.
Apart from these, those who are conscious about the environment can use organic mattresses, which are made of a mixture of latex, cotton, and wool.